For retirees who are 55 years of age and over, who want to spend their retirement years in Australia.
Investment Retirement Visa (Temporary Residence Visa)
A route for retired persons with sufficient assets to live and invest their money in Australia, at no cost to the taxpayer.
- Initial and further stay periods of 4 years at a time
- Main applicant must be at least 55 years of age and there must be no other dependents except a spouse
- Must have sufficient assets to ensure self-support in Australia
- Maintain private health insurance for the duration of their visa
- Can work no more than 20 hours a week
These are the financial requirements:-
- Assets (or combined assets, if the applicant has a spouse) available for transfer to Australia amounting to AUD500,000 if settling in a regional area or AUD750,000 if settling in a non-regional area; plus
- Net annual income stream based on capital for investment, pension rights or both pension rights and capital for investment of AUD50,000 if settling in a regional area or AUD65,000 if settling in a non-regional area; plus
- Investment in a State/Territory government treasury bond of AUD500,000 if settling in a regional area, or AUD750,000 if settling in a non-regional area.
Applicants must also meet health and character requirements.